Strawberry Delight Featuring Original Crunch
Recipe Development: Celina Ma // @Dining Duo Hawaii
Photography: Celina Ma // @Dining Duo Hawaii
Serving Size: ~9-16 people
Total Time: ~4-5 hours
Crust (bottom layer):
-1 1/4 cup crushed (salted) pretzel sticks
-1 1/4 cup crushed Yukonola Original Granola
-2 sticks melted butter (1 cup/8oz)
-8oz cream cheese
-1/2 cup powdered sugar
-8oz cool whip
-6oz strawberry jello mix
-2 1/4 cups boiling water
-10oz frozen/fresh strawberries
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Clean and slice the strawberries. Place the sliced strawberries into the freezer.
3. Crust: In a ziploc bag, crush the granola. Then, pour it into a measuring cup. Reuse the ziploc bag and add in the pretzel sticks. Crush the pretzels and add it to the measuring cup with the granola. In a medium-sized bowl, add the granola/pretzel mix and pour in the melted butter. Combine well. Press into a 9x13 pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes. Cool at room temperature.
4. Layer 2: In a small bowl, add the powdered sugar and cream cheese. Cream together thoroughly. Then, fold in the cool whip. Spread over cooled/cooked crust. Place frozen strawberries on top of the cool whip layer and chill in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
5. Layer 3: Boil water and add strawberry jello mix. Stir until the mix dissolves. Let it cool to room temperature (~30 min- 1 hour). Spoon cooled jello onto second layer and chill until it is firm.