Lemon Cheesecake Bars (No Dairy)
- 1 1/2 cup oat flour
- 1 1/4 cup original crunch (coarsely ground in a food processor)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 1 cup coconut cream* (the hardened portion at the top of full-fat coconut milk)
- 2 Tbsp arrowroot or cornstarch
- 1/2 cup lemon juice (2 large lemons yield ~1/2 cup or 120 ml)
- 1 heaping Tbsp lemon zest (1 large lemon yields ~1 heaping Tbsp or 4 g)
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1/4 cup maple syrup (plus more to taste)
Add raw cashews to a mixing bowl and cover with boiling hot water. Let rest for 1 hour (uncovered). Then drain thoroughly.
In the meantime, preheat oven to 350 degrees F (176 C) and line an 8×8 inch baking dish with parchment paper
Once cashews are soaked and drained, add to a high speed blender with coconut cream, arrowroot starch, lemon juice, lemon zest, sea salt, and maple syrup. Mix on high until very creamy and smooth.
Taste and adjust flavor as needed. I added a bit more lemon zest and maple syrup. It should be very lemony, and not overly sweet.
Pour filling over the pre-baked crust and spread into an even layer. Tap on counter to remove any air bubbles.
Bake for 20-23 minutes or until the edges look very slightly dry and the center appears “jiggly” but not liquidy.
Let rest for 10 minutes, then transfer to refrigerator to let cool completely (uncovered) – at least 4 hours, preferably overnight