Healthy blueberry crumble muffins
Recipe adapted from: Ambitious Kitchen // @ambitiouskitchen
1 cup + 2 tablespoons oat flour (processed oats)
1 cup packed super fine blanched almond flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
2 eggs (or flax eggs)
1/3 cup pure maple syrup
`1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk (or any dairy free milk of choice)
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
1/4 cup of original crunch granola (ground up till texture is fine)
*2 flax eggs (mix 2 tbsp of flax meal with 6 tbsp of water and allow to sit for 5 minutes)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line 12-18 muffin cups with liners and spray the inside of the liners with nonstick cooking spray
2. In a large bowl, whisk together 2 cup oat flour (reserving the 4 tablespoons for later), almond flour, salt and baking soda.
3. In a separate large bowl, mix together eggs, maple syrup, vanilla, almond milk, olive oil and apple cider vinegar until smooth and well combined. Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and stir until just combined.
4. In a small bowl toss blueberries and oat flour together, then gently fold them into the batter.
5. Divide batter evenly between 12-18 muffin cups, filling 3/4 of the way full.
6. Sprinkle granola on top of each muffin.
7. Bake for 18-20 minutes or until toothpick inserted come out clean or with just a few crumbs attached. Transfer pan to a wire rack to cool for 10 minutes then remove muffins from pan and place on wire rack to cool completely. Makes 9 medium muffins (or 12 small muffins)..